South Hunsley Swimming Club is a competitive swimming club, affiliated to the British Amateur Swimming Association, focusing on the teaching and practice of swimming.
The club is run solely by volunteers and is based from South Hunsley School, Melton, East Riding of Yorkshire.
- To develop and promote swimming with an emphasis on individual attention and concern for healthy minds and bodies.
- Being part of a team that teaches not only swimming techniques, but also ideals of fair play and sportsmanship.
- To provide a comprehensive swim program for all ages, starting at 6 years of age.
- To provide a complete workout routine for the swimmer who desires to excel in swimming and achieve his or her maximum potential.
- To give each swimmer a feeling of accomplishment at his or her individual level.
- The objective of the club shall be the objects of the A.S.A. and in particular the teaching and practice of swimming.
Joining South Hunsley
|Junior Development / Teaching Classes|
|South Hunsley Swimming Club run a Junior Development (Teaching Classes) section for young people aged 6 and upwards. Teaching classes are for young children of any ability, from those who cannot swim at all, up to those who are relatively proficient in all four strokes and wish to fine tune these in readiness for competitive swimming.|
|To find out more about our teaching classes and joining these, please call Dave Syrett on 01482 654831.|
|Competitive Swim Club|
|Trials for the main competitive swim club are held on a Friday at 7.00 pm, co-ordinated by Anne Ferguson.|
|If you wish to find out more about joining the club and / or arrange for a trial, please contact Anne on 01482 666063.|
|South Hunsley also have a Masters section who train twice a week, with a professional programme set and overseen by fully qualified coaches. Triathlon / open water swimmers are also catered for.|
|To find out more about our Masters Section, contact Jean or Lucy by e-mail at email@example.com|
|If you wish to send us an email enquiry, please submit this to either:|
|For coaches and gala information – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|For membership and other information – email@example.com|